As with most of my obsessions, I researched this one to death. But, I have to say I think I came out ahead in the long run...
I have finally purchased my most desired treasure! Last night I purchased the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT! WooHoo! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! It's supposed to arrive on Friday, but my lenses are shipping seperately, so I'm not sure that I'll get to play with it before I leave for Texas next Wednesday. {insert tears here}
I bought the camera body without the kit lens, since all the reviews I read says it sucks. Instead, I bought a 28-135mm IS telephoto lens and a 50mm f/1.8 lens for portraits. I also got a new 2GB CompactFlash memory card (what a crock that my Canon PowerShot and my Canon Rebel take different memory cards!!!), a Canon gadget bag, extra battery, and haze filter. Got everything from amazon.com - no tax, no shipping! I faired pretty well on the total pricetag, but still OUCH!
So, I think I pretty much spent all my money, and called in all my favors and special treatment from DH. Seems that my hobbies are quickly passing up his in the cost department! I did tell him that my ultimate goal is to start a home-based photography studio...so eventually, I should make some of the money back, plus save ourselves money from having to visit a portrait studio at Sears or Olan Mills to get pics done of our yet-to-be-conceived children (LOL!).
I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance to play with my new toy!
About Me
- Jenn
- Commerce City, CO, United States
- I'm a left-brainer by day, a right-brainer by every spare moment! Want my attention? Better have photographs, a camera, or scrapbook supplies in tow. Working Girl on top of Mommyhood. Mommy to Dylan and auntie to the most beautiful Kendall. Married to the most amazing, giving, and gracious man God could have ever blessed me with!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting about your new camera!! I hope next year to be able to get me a nice camera and learn some tricks about photography!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jenn! Very excited for you and just a little jealous.
ReplyDelete