About Me

My photo
Commerce City, CO, United States
I'm a left-brainer by day, a right-brainer by every spare moment! Want my attention? Better have photographs, a camera, or scrapbook supplies in tow. Working Girl on top of Mommyhood. Mommy to Dylan and auntie to the most beautiful Kendall. Married to the most amazing, giving, and gracious man God could have ever blessed me with!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

So I Think I Can Quit?

With the conclusion of American Idol last week, I had sworn off T.V. for the summer. We watch way too much television, and I’m trying hard to wean myself from shows that I can do without. Exceptions to the rule: The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and American Idol. I figured a summer without television would give me the free time I need to do other things like going to the gym, getting some scrapbooking done, reading the stack of magazines piled up, and enjoying being outdoors during the warm weather. Sounds good, right?

Well, here I am a week later. Haven’t been to the gym yet. No layouts done on my desk. Magazines still collecting dust. And it’s been raining every afternoon this past week. To top it all off, So You Think You Can Dance has been showing their auditions. I told Jeremy last week that I would absolutely *NOT* get caught up in it this year. But I watched last night, and now of course I’m partial to a few people and want to see if they make it to the competition.

Argh, I feel I’m pulling myself in two different directions. I really, really, *REALLY* don’t want to get caught up in any T.V. this summer. Right now, I feel like I can do it. Cut myself off now before it’s too late. But I know that temptation will pull at me tonight.

1 comment:

  1. OK give up Grey's watch Supernatural instead. They are MUCH prettier, and not so much drama. LOL

    For once I barely had the TV on all summer, it was awesome. I've decided to give up on several shows, and so far its working.

    ReplyDelete