So this is what's it's like to have a blog, huh? It feels a little strange, knowing that it's out here for pretty much the whole world to see. Not so sure I'm cool with that, but hey, it's the cool thing to do and I've been known to succumb to peer pressure in my past, so what can it hurt?
It was pretty fun getting it all set up and flipping through all the theme backgrounds looking for one that fit me. I like this one, but it would be really awesome if they had a JBJ one. I think my sister, Kris would like that, too!
So here I am on a Tuesday, sitting at work, wishing I were home creating something, anything...but alas, I must put in the hours to bring home the paycheck that feeds my creative hunger.
I've had a bit of a creative streak this week and finished two CJ's, wrapped up some ribbon for a couple of swaps, and actually started making invitations for a pumpkin carving party at our house. Funny thing is, I'm not really a card maker. I adore the ones I receive from my friends because not only are they adorable and clever, it means that they care enough about me to sit down and make a card for me! They cut up their cute and pretty patterned paper, use their gorgeous ribbon, and even put some of the more expensive embellies on them like metal ribbon slides! I am so selfish with my stash that I have a hard time parting with it, especially for a card that most people will just throw in the trash the instant they read it. But I really do adore the cards I get. I have a vision of displaying them on a clothes line with clothes pins someday in my new, perfect scrap room. For now, they stare back at me from the bulletin board while I sit and crop.
Anyway, back to my creative streak! I finally finished my sister's London album about a month ago but didn't get a chance to revel in it since we left for Alaska straight away. It turned out so fabulous, and I really hope she enjoys it! This means that, now, I can go back to working on my beloved wedding album that is so long overdue. And if you know me, you know that it's truly the only darn thing that my DH cares that I ever scrap. Sorry honey, I got sidetracked for another two years! Hmmm...I think that should probably be my next project to finish. Except that I really want to do my 6x6 JBJ album, and put the finishing touches on the tag swap pages in my JC '05 album. I'm starting to sound a little selfish, even to myself! I'd better put DH first right now.
So it's Tuesday, which means there's not a darn thing on TV to watch tonight. It's the one night a week that there's not a show on that I'm attached to, so I'd better get my butt to the gym tonight since it won't matter if I get home a little late. Thank goodness the work day is nearly over...it's almost too much to bear anymore. I used to be such a good little worker bee; organized and self-motivated. I actually used to care about what I did because I enjoyed it and I made a difference in people's lives by building them something that they needed. Yeah, I'm over that now. Whoever sold us the crap that promotions meant more money and happiness forgot to mention that along with the responsibility came a ridiculous amount of stress and oh, by the way, you can't have fun at work anymore. Ugh! On that note...

No comments:
Post a Comment