About Me

My photo
Commerce City, CO, United States
I'm a left-brainer by day, a right-brainer by every spare moment! Want my attention? Better have photographs, a camera, or scrapbook supplies in tow. Working Girl on top of Mommyhood. Mommy to Dylan and auntie to the most beautiful Kendall. Married to the most amazing, giving, and gracious man God could have ever blessed me with!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

LET IT SNOW, Let It Snow, let it snow...

It's been snowing all day...our first real snow storm of the year. Didn't start sticking until about 3 hours ago though, so it won't take long to brush off the car, but I'm betting it will take a while for the car to warm up. What a day to forget a coat! Check out my snow pics on the SJ MB under the TX Gals thread.

Obviously, I've had a busy week. Nothing too exciting just busy, so sorry I've been absent! Last week I had several meetings and a couple days of training, so that left me no time to check in at work.

Reese's birthday was Friday, and she's all of 5 years old now! Hard to believe we've had her that long, but she's so integral to our lives. Can't imagine it without her either! It was relatively unexciting for her (and us!). We rented Fun with Dick and Jane and Wimbledon, then made dinner and watched the movies. WooHoo, we're so hip!

Saturday, spent most of the day cleaning the house for our pumpkin carving party. We did take a break and went to Supper Solutions to make our meals for October. Pumpkin carving was so much fun! Here's all four pumpkins together:
Here's my cute little pumpkin!


Sunday, I went to a luncheon for one of my scrappin' girlfriends. She's about to have her 3rd baby boy, and needed some girl time before he decided to show his face. If she doesn't have him by Friday, her doctor is inducing her, so she's looking forward to having a beer for Monday Night Football next week! LOL! She's so cute!

Hmmmm...so I have lots of friends who are preggo, or just had their babies. There's my girlfriend at work who's in her 4th month, then my scrappin' friend who'll have one by Friday, my sorority sister Gretchen just had her 2nd on Saturday, and a friend through my scrappin' friend just had her 1st nearly two weeks ago. Oh, not to mention Laurie and Crissy on the MB! Seems rather fishy to me, but nonetheless got me finally considering a little one. Anyway, DH and I had the finances talk last week, and I think it pretty much scared the **** out of him. He was the one who first admitted he was ready, mind you, then I finally got myself all talked into it and now he's not so sure! Funny thing is, we went to dinner with my in-laws last night and DH mentions that all our friends are starting to have kids, and in doing so, basically tells them we'll be having them sooner rather than later. Fabulous...now my MIL will be expecting them SOONER, not SOON, and definitely not LATER. Wasn't ready for that one! I'm finding myself swooning over baby clothes much more often, with a little butterfly in my stomach that didn't used to be there. My friend Jen, who was over to carve pumpkins on Saturday, always told me that one day you'll wake up and the switch will be on...but I never really believed her. I'm thinkin' maybe she was right! LOL!

So, the only other exciting (yeah right) thing that's happened in the past week was me slamming my own finger in my own car door last night as I was rushing into the gym. It's my right index finger too, so I'm shocked there's not more typos in this post. My typing ability is shot right now! Not to mention all the things you use that finger for and never realize it until it's incapacitated! Like washing my hair, buttoning my jeans, starting my car, using a pen...I felt like a four year old today. It's swollen to twice the size of my left index finger, and both knuckles are black and blue, with a little cut right where the door nearly cut my finger off. Okay, it's not that bad, 'cause I know it's not broken, but it sure hurts like a SOB!

Off to pile on some more clothes...my hands and feet are freezin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment