
It was great...not as good as the HAND concert, but great nonetheless. We arrived at about 6:45 and had to walk all the way around Frontier Park to the gate where "standing room only" was. There were already masses of people there, so we were off to the left of the stage and no where near the front. Not to mention is was all dirt and there were tons of people taller than me in front of me.
We got free glow in the dark bracelets to wear, and they were selling beer in the tall cans, WooHoo! The opening band was Oxygen from Omaha, NE, and they were actually pretty decent.
DH was pissed most of the time because not only did we have to stand the entire time, but we must've had signs on our foreheads that said "go ahead, squeeze by me to find your friends". We had a steady stream of people squeezing through right in front of us, or right behind us the ENTIRE concert. Honestly, after it got dark, I don't know how anyone found their group again. And really, why do people think that they MUST go get more beer right in the middle of a concert?
Then the chicks in front of us spent the whole concert text messaging and taking pictures, reviewing them, deleting them and taking more. That totally grated on his nerves. So since he was being poopy, I didn't have as much fun as I could have.
Saw some chicks go at each other because the one bumped into her while squeezing past. It's incredible how oblivious some people are, or intentionally rude they can be. Next time, I'll do whatever I have to to get seats.
I was surprised about the set list...they didn't play nearly as many songs from Lost Highway as I thought they would, which was actually cool, they played some great old stuff that everyone knew. I was shocked they didn't play You Wanna Make A Memory! I was really hoping Big & Rich would be there for We Got It Goin' On, but no such luck. They don't play until this Friday night with Cowboy Troy and Gretchen Wilson.
Cheyenne, WY Setlist - 7.20.07
You Give Love A Bad Name
We got free glow in the dark bracelets to wear, and they were selling beer in the tall cans, WooHoo! The opening band was Oxygen from Omaha, NE, and they were actually pretty decent.
DH was pissed most of the time because not only did we have to stand the entire time, but we must've had signs on our foreheads that said "go ahead, squeeze by me to find your friends". We had a steady stream of people squeezing through right in front of us, or right behind us the ENTIRE concert. Honestly, after it got dark, I don't know how anyone found their group again. And really, why do people think that they MUST go get more beer right in the middle of a concert?
Then the chicks in front of us spent the whole concert text messaging and taking pictures, reviewing them, deleting them and taking more. That totally grated on his nerves. So since he was being poopy, I didn't have as much fun as I could have.
Saw some chicks go at each other because the one bumped into her while squeezing past. It's incredible how oblivious some people are, or intentionally rude they can be. Next time, I'll do whatever I have to to get seats.
I was surprised about the set list...they didn't play nearly as many songs from Lost Highway as I thought they would, which was actually cool, they played some great old stuff that everyone knew. I was shocked they didn't play You Wanna Make A Memory! I was really hoping Big & Rich would be there for We Got It Goin' On, but no such luck. They don't play until this Friday night with Cowboy Troy and Gretchen Wilson.
Cheyenne, WY Setlist - 7.20.07
You Give Love A Bad Name
Lost Highway
Whole Lot Of Leavin’ Going On
Born To Be My Baby
It’s My Life
Radio Saved My Life
Runaway
I Love This Town
We Got It Going On
Who Says You Can’t Go Home
Sleep When I’m Dead
Bad Medicine
Encore:
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Livin’ On A Prayer
Their set felt really short...they were on from 9:00 to 10:30. I'm guessing there's some noise ordinance and they had to be done by a certain time because there are literally thousands of houses that surround Frontier Park. It's like right in the middle of all these residential neighborhoods - bordered on 3 sides by houses, then by the Interstate on the west.
My pics didn't come out very good. I had so many people in front of me that were tall, or everyone had their arms up, that I couldn't get many clear shots. Plus, I put the ISO on 1600 and forgot to change my autofocus for moving objects, so lots of them are blurry. I tried to get some shots from the big screen on the side, but they kinda sucked too.


Their set felt really short...they were on from 9:00 to 10:30. I'm guessing there's some noise ordinance and they had to be done by a certain time because there are literally thousands of houses that surround Frontier Park. It's like right in the middle of all these residential neighborhoods - bordered on 3 sides by houses, then by the Interstate on the west.
My pics didn't come out very good. I had so many people in front of me that were tall, or everyone had their arms up, that I couldn't get many clear shots. Plus, I put the ISO on 1600 and forgot to change my autofocus for moving objects, so lots of them are blurry. I tried to get some shots from the big screen on the side, but they kinda sucked too.


The rodeo was fun! Our seats were two rows up from the arena, just to the right of where the bull riders and bronc riders came out. We were in full sun the entire time, but they have misters installed over top of that entire section of seats. The calf roping and steer wrestling was at the far end from us, but we still got to see most of it. The announcers were hilarious and were dressed as clowns out in the middle of the arena all day. Bought my first cowgirl hat (after the rodeo so the top of my head is a little red), but I dig it and DHsaid I look hot in it, LOL! I'll have to take it to TX in December so I fit in ;) 







I bet we'll go back next year, and maybe we'll get tickets to a REAL country music concert. I would have loved to have seen Reba McIntyre. I'm crossing my fingers for Carrie Underwood next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment