About Me

My photo
Commerce City, CO, United States
I'm a left-brainer by day, a right-brainer by every spare moment! Want my attention? Better have photographs, a camera, or scrapbook supplies in tow. Working Girl on top of Mommyhood. Mommy to Dylan and auntie to the most beautiful Kendall. Married to the most amazing, giving, and gracious man God could have ever blessed me with!

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Country 'Tis Of Thee




I just want to wish you all a very happy and safe Independence Day tomorrow. I hope each of you pause to remember the reason for our celebrations, that it's not just about getting a day off of work, it's not about gorging ourselves with BBQ, and it's not about how big and entertaining the fireworks are. Of course, all that seems pretty awesome, but at the same time it seems so shallow. I wish more people in this country truly felt a sense of pride and patriotism and remembered all those men who died to make us a free nation.

May you all enjoy your time with family and friends as we celebrate our freedom! God Bless America!

1 comment:

  1. Good to have the reminder! Actually I worked July 4 this year. Probably one of the first holidays I have worked for many years. Still had time for a vegeburger and fireworks!

    ReplyDelete